As you may know we hand sew a range of baby accessories and recently have been asked if I can make masks. So I thought I would go one better and include a DIY face mask pattern and video so you can make your own.
To open the pattern to print click;
- Your printer will need to be set to A4 paper
- The measurements are the same as our pattern (Otherwise the mask size will be incorrect)
- This is an adult mask.
What do you Need?
- Sewing Machine (If you don’t have one, share this page with someone who does)
- 33cm x 33cm Cotton Fabric
- 2 x 28cm of 3mm or 1mm elastic (The colour of your choice)
- Ruler or tape measure
Follow this video tutorial to assist, note this is for a two layer mask.
Warning: This mask is not intended for medical use and is not intended to be a replacement for a surgical mask or respirators such as the N95. According to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, masks are not recommended for children and people aged under 18 years. Individual families can make their own decisions regarding their children. Children under two years should never wear a face mask due to choking and strangulation risks
Luisa Figueroa – Designer Profile
Owner, designer and maker of the My Little Love Heart range of baby products. I have been working within the fashion industry for over 15 years and specialising in baby accessories for the last 5. My love of fashion has enabled me to work and study around the world.