Shop our selection of pregnancy journal and baby record books or learn more about our range below.
I remember founding out I was pregnant like it was yesterday. So many thoughts going through my head and knowing that my life was going to change forever. Change in a positive way as we were welcoming a newborn baby into our family.
I knew straight away that I had to get prepared. Not only did I need to be organised I wanted to have a keepsake to look back on and recall what it was like being pregnant. I wanted to remember everything, the good, the bad, the ups and the downs.
So naturally, one of the very first things I did was go out and buy a pregnancy diary and later it was one of the first accessories we add to our online store.
Pregnancy and bump journals
When I was pregnant I found it very helpful to keep all the information, resources and appointment details in one place and these diaries are perfect for this.
Both these journals have the same internal pages however have a different cover. The diaries are stylish and modern with the “9 months” pregnancy journal book a beautiful mustard colour while the “bump” pregnancy diary has a natural linen hardcover.
To get an idea of what you can expect, we have listed the internal pages below and added a few suggestions and comments on what content you may wish to include.
The internal pages include ;
- Congratulations – It feels like yesterday when I found out I was pregnant and one of my fondest memories, there is a little section for you to include details on how you found you are pregnant.
- Advice – So you might have told a few people that you are pregnant however the advice will start flowing straight away. Don’t eat this, eat more of that, sleep a certain way, exercise like this, etc, etc. You will have so much advice coming your way you can jot it down to research later.
- Shopping list – Along with all the advice, everyone will give you their thoughts on what you should be buying. There is room here to write your shopping list and if you need some inspiration we have written our own baby shopping list.
- Names – Your family and friends will be quick to give you name suggestions. Or if you are like me you have been thinking about it for a while. There is a section to write both boys and girls names down. I also like looking back to see potentially what we were going to call our daughter (Natalia) if we choose differently.
- Books to read and online resources – I don’t have many regrets during my pregnancy however I do wish I had read up more and was a little more prepared for childbirth. There is a section in the pregnancy diary where you can write down books people have recommended or online resource you may wish to explore. To start you out, a good resource on everything pregnancy and baby-related is the Ngala website. We also have a pregnancy calculator where you can work out the expected date that your baby will be born.
- Nursery plans – Planning your nursery is a huge task but as you will be spending a lot of time in the nursery it’s very important. Write all your nursery plans in the space provided in the journal and for some inspiration look at this blog. Australian themed nurseries are all the rage right now and our Australian themed baby gifts make for an ideal purchase to match.
- Birth plans – It’s nice to have a birth plan, even just to compare how the actual birth was. Add a few notes on how you would like the birth to go, possible music to play or aids you may need.
- Organise for birth – There is an abundance of things you need to organise for birth and beyond. What you will be packing in your hospital bag, what are the first clothes you will put on your baby boy or girl, even down to the types of bibs you may need. There is a section to help you get organised for birth.
- Weeks 6 through to 40 – Here is where you will be adding the majority of your writing. There is a page per week where you can express how you are feeling, your cravings, your updates your size and anything you would like to include. Some weeks even have a section where you can include photos. These could be a maternity shoot, personal shots or even baby scans, the choice is up to you!
- Welcome baby – Finally the moment you have been waiting for, to welcome your little baby girl or boy. You can include the time and date of when the baby was born. The weight, length and which hospital where they were born. You may even want to include a little message for them to read at a later date expressing how you are feeling.
The pregnancy journal book makes for an amazing keepsake where you will be able to sit down at a later time with your child and relive everything about your pregnancy.
Both these pregnancy diaries would also make for a fantastic gift for a friend or family member who has just found out they are pregnant. No need to wait until the baby shower to spoil your loved one!
I really enjoyed writing in the pregnancy journal book so it was only natural to continue after the birth of my daughter. So we included three additional books. These being the first year diary and the first five year book in grey and pink.
Baby’s 1st year book
After birth it can be a chaotic and lonely time. I was always such a busy person and then all of a sudden I was at home with my baby while everyone else was at work. I found writing helped to express those feelings.
I had become accustomed to writing after recording everything in my pregnancy diary so couldn’t wait to get started filling out my baby’s first year book.
When I was having my daughter there wasn’t a lot of choice for a baby journal book so we made sure to add a selection to our online shop to cater to each person’s individual style.
The baby journal — the first year is a linen hardcover book with a gold embossed title and spine and comes in a beautiful luxury linen box.
We have given an outline of the internal pages and some suggestions you may want to write about. The internal pages include;
- First baby photo – Probably the photo you will look at the most for the rest of your life and the one that you will share on every social media. The first baby photo can be included at the very start of the baby journal book.
- My parent — This is all about you! Add a little note about yourself and your partner. In a few years you will look back and see how much you have changed.
- My siblings — Perfect for adding information about any brothers or sisters. This baby keepsake book makes for perfect newborn baby gifts for second-time parents.
- My grandparents — Write a brief description of the grandparents. You may also want to include their hobbies or instead include a message from them to your baby boy or girl.
- My uncles and aunts — Depending on the size of your family this could be a quick section to fill out. However, if you are like me, you would need another book. Add your uncles and aunts and if you wish you can include your complete extended family.
- The first 9 months — If you didn’t write a pregnancy diary this is the perfect place to include all the details about your pregnancy and the first 9 months of your babies life.
- Baby shower — Most likely your last big party especially for you before having your baby. You may wish to include the cool baby shower gifts you received, the games you played and the friends and family who attended.
- The birth — Everyone has a birth story. Some are crazy, some are relatively normal but they are always unique and your own. Include details on when you first felt contractions, arriving at the hospital, the labour and finally welcoming your baby to the world.
- First family photos – Another beautiful photo that you will cherish forever, your first family photo. Whether you have it professionally done or just one you have taken yourself, your first family photo will be an amazing keepsake.
- My name — We love telling the story of how we came up with our daughters’ name (Natalia). The short version is that a friend at my husbands’ work came up with it. Include a little note on how you decided what to call your newborn baby.
- The year I was born — There are always significant events around the world which will happen in your babies birth year. Or they could be significant for you, either way, there is a section just for the year your baby was born.
- Welcome home – Following the chaos of the few days at the hospital I couldn’t wait to get home. It was such I relief to be in my own space. I loved showing my baby girl around her new home and her nursery. You can include a little note of your own to welcome your baby to their first home.
- One to twelve months — The first year of your babies life will fly by with all the firsts and milestones they reach. Here you can write about anything you like, their personality, interests, eating, friends, their development or even their naughty habits.
- First birthday — Your babies first birthday is a memory you will cherish forever. You will want to document the moment where all your family and friends, and your babies new friends are all together in one place to celebrate your babies first birthday. You could even let them celebrate in style with our “one” birthday bib.
- First holiday — Whether you are going overseas or within Australia, your very first holiday together as a family will want to be remembered. There is a section for you to include your travels and experiences for you to look back on.
- Their First Christmas — Your babies first Christmas is always a special one. Whether they are 1 or 364 days old your babies first Christmas will provide you with many joyful memories you will cherish forever.
- First haircut — Include a photo of their very first haircut and a brief description of where it took place or any other details you would like to include.
- First steps — This is such a special moment you will want to remember. The day when they stood up by themselves and the first time they walked unassisted. Include who was there and when it took place.
- Teeth — The day their very first baby tooth broke through will be something you would like to add to your memory book. Hopefully, they won’t be a dribble monster and not suffer too many teething issues.
- Parents wishes – Such a special section of the memory book, as parents you can include messages for your baby boy or girl especially for them. You may want to include things about their health, languages, work, friends, travel, where they live and their personality. The opportunities are endless.
- A gift for me- Put simply, express your love and feelings here for them to read when they are older.
This baby’s first year book makes for an amazing keepsake book which gives you plenty of room to write details on your babies first year of life.
Baby Journal birth to 5 years
In addition to the first year baby memory book, we offer the baby journal birth to 5 years in both grey and pink.
Like the one year baby memory book, there is plenty of room to add information and includes the following internal pages;
- Baby shower
- The year I was born
- Uncle and Aunts
- The first 12 months
- First birthday
- First holiday
- Their First Christmas
- First haircut
- First steps
In addition to the above, the first five years journal has room to write about;
- Home and Pets – Describe a little about your home and any pets you may have. This is a great opportunity to talk about your little fur babies.
- Hospital time – If you had your baby in the hospital here is the place to write about your stay and experience when in Hospital.
- All my firsts- As well as the first steps, teeth, Christmas, and holidays a baby has many milestone firsts. For instance the first time your baby crawled, rolled over, first words, first bath, or the first time they ate solids. This section is ideal for writing and dating all about those little milestones.
- Funny things they said – When your baby starts talking they will come out with the most adorable and funny things you could imagine. You will definitely want to remember these gorgeous moments that bring your heart so much joy!
- 1- 5 Years – This seems to be when their personality really starts to shine. You will start to notice what really interests them and including sports, toys, friends and relatives. Include anything you wish about the first five years of your babies life.
- Pre School – You will notice how quickly they are developing and you will be able to record everything about their preschool. The new games they learnt, the friends they meet and all the things they learnt.
- Gift for me- Your beautiful words and memories will never be lost with this journal. The perfect baby keepsake book which you will be able to go through with your baby when they get older.
This baby journal birth to 5 years will be the gift that keeps on giving. You will be able to sit down with your child at any time and revisit all the precious memories. As they get older you can pass this on to them and in turn, they can pass it down from generation to generation.
Their future children will be able to read all about their mum and dad, and how things have changed since you were a baby.
We love the baby record book so much that we have included them in our larger deluxe baby gift sets.
All of these diaries are a fantastic way for you to record all your fond memories and not fond memories that you can look back and laugh at.
Thank you for taking the time to read about books and journals. I have enjoyed writing this piece so much as it has given me the opportunity to remember all the memories from pregnancy, birth to 5 years old.
Luisa Figueroa – Designer Profile
Owner, designer and maker of the My Little Love Heart range of baby products. I have been working within the fashion industry for over 15 years and specialising in baby accessories for the last 5. My love of fashion has enabled me to work and study around the world.