Showing all 7 results
Our baby gift card is simple and easy to use. And can be redeemed online or in our baby store in East Perth.
Once an order is placed, we will email you the voucher with a code. You simply pass this email to the lucky recipient and they can use it straight away.
These are perfect for celebrating the birth of a newborn, or to give as a baby shower present.
It gives the recipient the opportunity to buy what they would like. Making sure they are getting something that they need.
Our baby e-vouchers have a long expiry date. And can be used up to 2 years after being issued. And are available in a range of denominations. We can also custom-make a value for you.
If you are unsure if giving vouchers is for you, below is further information on the types, how to use them, the appropriate amount, and giving vouchers in general.
Types of Baby Gift Cards
There are two types available. These are;
- Physical Card — This is a card that can be handed over to the mum-to-be. It will have the value “pre-loaded” on it. And it will show you which stores it can be used at.
- Electronic Voucher — An electronic voucher is known as an e-voucher. The company will set up a coupon code and add this to its online store. The code is then emailed to the recipient.
How to use
Each company’s gift voucher is different. So read the terms and conditions carefully.
To use a physical card you visit the store where they are accepted. This can vary depending on which one you are given. Once you have selected the products you would like, go to the register. Here they will scan and the amount will be deducted based on your purchase value. The remaining value is left on your card and given back to you. If you spend more than the value of the voucher you will need to pay the difference.
For an e-voucher, you will receive an email or a printout of it. This will have a value and a coupon code. Depending on the baby shower gift shop you will be able to use this online or in-store. If you choose to use it in-store it can be used in the same way as a physical card. If you use it online select the products you wish from the vendor’s website. When you checkout add the coupon code and this will be deducted from your shopping cart value. You will either have to pay more or you can use the remaining value at a later date.
What is an appropriate amount to give?
Depending on the occasion the amount can vary depending on your relationship with the parents-to-be. But a good starting point would be between $50 and $80. To assist we have written a detailed guide on what you should spend for a baby shower gift.
Is it Ok to give a voucher?
Yes, giving a voucher is acceptable and is one of the most practical baby shower gifts you can give. This is especially true if you are overseas, unable to attend or if it’s for a quarantine baby shower. Some parents prefer receiving vouchers and even hold a “Gift Card Baby Shower”.
What is a “gift card baby shower”?
This is where instead of people bringing gifts they give vouchers. But this can come across as tacky. The person who is giving the present should decide if they would like to give a voucher or a physical present. Not the person who the party is for. Otherwise, it looks like you have invited guests to get money.
How do you ask for money or voucher instead of a gift?
You might be embarrassed to ask for money instead of a gift for your baby shower or newborn. Don’t be. Raising a child is very expensive so any financial help will be welcomed. You can ask for money instead of a gift by including the request on the baby shower invite. Mention you already have most things and cash or gift vouchers would be appreciated.
Are gift cards an acceptable baby present?
Yes, they are. This gives the parents-to-be the choice of what to buy. It allows them to buy products that are not normally given as gifts. Examples are Formula and Sudocrem. It also helps with the upbringing of the baby.
Is it tacky to ask for gift cards?
It can be a little tacky so be careful about how you do it. Don’t ring up and demand people send you gift vouchers. Include some wording on your invite on how a gift card would be appreciated, but not essential.
What to look for in vouchers
Once you have decided that you want to give a card or e-voucher there are many things to consider. These are;
- Expiring dates — The longer an expiry date the better. This means you have more time to use it. Most companies offer a 1-year expiry while we offer 2 years.
- Selection of products — As you may give this as a baby shower present does the shop have ample and appropriate products? The voucher should be age-appropriate as the recipient will have to use it within the expiry period.
- Physical card or e-voucher — Does the shop offer a physical card, e-voucher or both? Try to select a card that offers both.
- Where can you use it — Can you use the voucher at a range of different stores? Or is it able to be used at only one location?
- Payment options — Choose a card where the shop offers a range of payment options. These include credit cards, bank cards, Paypal and afterpay. The more options available the better.
- To use online, in-store or both — Does the voucher or card allow you to use it in-store, online or both? And does the recipient prefer to shop online or in-store?
- Are there any fees — Check the terms and conditions with the store to see if they charge any fees? Most companies don’t but it is best to check before making a purchase.
How to address and what to write in a voucher
We suggest addressing it to the couple, not just the mother. This way the whole family feels involved.
Writing on the voucher can be difficult. Start off by congratulating them and expressing how exciting it is to have a newborn. Offer support and wish them lots of love.
Pros and cons of gift vouchers
If you want to buy a baby voucher or gift card there are both positives and negatives. These include;
- Convenience — Buying and giving a voucher or card is easy and convenient. And you can use them for a number of occasions. Including as a present for a baby shower, gender reveal, newborn gift or 1st birthday present.
- Buy what they want — The person who is receiving the voucher is able to choose what they want. There may be items that were on the registry which weren’t purchased. So they can use the voucher to get what they need.
- Easy to use — A voucher or card is easy for the recipient to use. If it’s an online voucher they can shop from the comfort of their own home. If it’s for a brick-and-mortar store they can see and touch all the products on the shelf.
- Unsure of recipient taste — You may be unsure of what the recipient likes. Or don’t know them well enough to buy a physical gift. In this instance, a voucher is perfect.
- They already have everything — The parents-to-be might be celebrating a baby sprinkle for their 2nd or 3rd child. In this case, a voucher would be ideal as they already have lots of products and know what they need more of.
- Easy to lose — Unfortunately gift cards or e-vouchers can be lost. And once misplaced they are impossible to use. E-vouchers may be a little easier to recover if you contact the place of sale.
- Expiry Date — All vouchers and cards will have an expiry date. These will vary from company to company so choose carefully. Once this expiry date has passed you will no longer be able to use your card.
- Store Specific — Most cards will be store specific so you will be limited in choice on what can be brought. There are exceptions and the Woolworths card is an example. Here you can shop for over 40 companies within their group and partners.
- Non-Refundable — As the buyer, you aren’t able to get a refund. And the recipient isn’t able to exchange this for money.
- Don’t like them — Some people just don’t like them. For one reason or another, they would prefer a gift.
- Impersonal — Giving money or a card can be seen as impersonal. It could appear as if you haven’t made an effort to find a gift the parents would like.
We hope this has provided you with some insights into buying a baby gift voucher. If you have any questions please contact us.