You have been invited to a baby shower, you’re ready to go, brought the baby shower gift. But unsure what to write in the card for the gift, or the book when you arrive.
This message is a small way to show your love and excitement for the soon-to-be parents. The possibilities for what to include are endless but it doesn’t always come naturally. So here are a few ideas!
Who Do You Address a New Baby Shower Card To?
The first step to writing any kind of card is addressing it to someone. One of the questions that first comes up when writing baby shower cards is “who do you address it to?”.
Baby shower cards are usually addressed to the parents but quite a few people address them to the baby. This is a cute idea that opens up a lot of unique possibilities for what to write.
Don’t overthink it, though. If you’re not sure, just address it to the parents, as that’s the typical way to do it.
Whether or not you address the card to both parents or just one depends on who will be at the baby shower. Many baby showers are female-only. In this case, you would address the card to the mum-to-be.
However, baby showers are often co-ed events nowadays. If both of the soon-to-be parents will be in attendance, then address the card to both of them.
Ideas for Baby Shower Card Messages
Stuck on what to write in your baby shower card? Here are 60 messages to choose from! They’re a mix of heartfelt and funny, so you can tailor them to the occasion. And how close you are to the expecting parents.
From a friend
- It’s been such a blessing to have you as a friend, and this baby will be blessed to have you as a parent.
- I hope you know I’ll be coming around all the time to see the little bundle of joy.
- We’ve known each other since we were kids, and now you’re having a kid of your own. Congrats!
- I’m so excited for you, and I’ll be there for you when you need a hand.
- Congratulations! You’re going to be an awesome parent.
- It’s hard to believe that you’re going to be a parent yourself now, but I have full faith that you’ll do an amazing job.
- They grow up so fast. I remember when you were just a baby!
- I know a thing or two about parenthood, so I know just how blessed you are.
- There’s no instruction manual for babies but you know that you can come to me any time for advice.
- I’m ready and waiting to meet my baby’s own baby.
From a co-worker
- Congratulations on the newest member of your family!
- This is such an amazing milestone for your family. Here’s to many more.
- I hope you have an awesome baby shower and a joyous life with your little one.
- Wishing you and your baby only the best of health.
- Sending lots of well wishes as you enter this exciting new chapter of your life.
From a grandparent
- It’s such a blessing to be here to see a new generation of this family.
- Just as a heads-up, I’m going to spoil my great-grandkids even more than I spoiled you!
- My kids had a kid, and now you’re having one of your own… Time flies but the good memories last forever!
- It’s so exciting to see the family continue to grow. Sending lots of love to you.
- May this family continue to be blessed and showered with joy.
From an aunt or uncle
- It seems like yesterday that you were just a baby, too. Congratulations!
- Wishing you the best, and you can come to me if you ever need advice.
- Cheers to you and your new arrival on the way.
- Here’s to a safe pregnancy, easy delivery, quick recovery, and lots of happy times ahead.
- Warm wishes for you and your growing family.
From a niece or nephew
- You’re already an amazing aunt and uncle — I know you’ll be an even better mom and dad!
- Sending lots of love and well wishes for this exciting new adventure.
- You’ve got a little bundle filled with plenty of joy on the way. Wishing you all the best!
- I’m so excited to meet my baby cousin, please bring him/her around to our house to play!
- Give him/her lots of kisses for me, please!
From a cousin
- Your family’s about to get just a bit bigger (and way cuter!)
- If you ever need a babysitter, don’t be afraid to reach out!
- Here’s to the little ray of sunlight that’s about to come into your lives.
- I hope you enjoy every second with your little one!
- Hoping for a blessed life for you and your growing family.
From a daughter or son
- My little sibling is going to have the best parents ever. I should know!
- I guess I’m not the baby of the family anymore, but I don’t mind. I’m so excited!
- I can’t wait to meet my little sibling… I’ll teach them all the best ways to annoy you!
- They might not know it yet, but my new sibling has amazing parents.
- I’m so excited for our family to grow. Here’s to a safe delivery.
What to write in a baby shower card for a girl
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice — I just know that’s what this little girl will be.
- I can’t wait to meet your baby girl!
- I know she’ll be beautiful on the inside and out, just as her mum is!
- Giggles, grins, and lots of grace — your girl will be an absolute gem!
- Little girls are gifts, so cherish this one forever!
What to write in a baby shower card for a boy
- The dad-to-be is getting a mini-me. Sending lots of well wishes!
- I know he’ll turn out to be amazing, just like his dad.
- Now you’ve got two guys in your life. Congratulations!
- What a blessing — a bouncy baby boy is on the way!
- I’m filled with joy to meet your little boy.
What to write in a gender reveal card
- Pink or blue, girl or boy… I know they’ll be a blessing either way.
- Whether it’s a boy or girl, I just hope the baby won’t have dad’s fashion sense!
- Will it be a prince or a princess? Either way, you’re having a royal baby.
- I’m so excited to find out more about the newest addition to the family!
- A beautiful she or a handsome he — oh, what will the baby be?
What to write in a baby shower card that’s funny
- Say hello to joy but goodbye to sleep!
- I know it’s sad that you can’t drink right now… so I’ll drink enough for both of us!
- Have a nice baby!
- I can’t wait to cuddle the little bundle of joy in my arms. Until it spits up, then I’ll hand it back to you.
- I guess I’ll see you in 18 years — have a great life!
We hope this article has helped with ideas on what to write in the baby shower card or book. If you would like to contribute to the list please feel free to contact me.
This article was written by Jacqueline Samaroo. Jacqueline is a mother of 3 and a trained teacher with almost two decades of teaching experience under her belt. And has been peer-reviewed by Luisa Figueroa who is a mother of one and the maker of the My Little Love Heart baby presents and hampers.