This blog has been updated to include current prints, uses, materials and sizes – Luisa Figueroa,1st January 2020
Ultra-absorbent and super soft, you’ll love our baby burping cloths which are available in a range of beautiful designs for both girls and boys. It’s one of the most practical items you can have as a new parent and will save you and your clothes from those projectile vomits!
This will be the first item you pack into your nappy bag and will have all your friends from mothers group asking “where can I buy it from?”
Handmade in Australia we use stylish and trendy prints for the modern baby. All the materials we use are ultra-soft and gentle on your babies delicate skin.
So, a little more about them;
What is the use of baby burp cloths?
Baby burp cloths are one of the most practical items you can have as a new parent. Its main purpose is to protect parents clothes when feeding and burping. Designed to cover your shoulder and upper torso from spit-ups of milk during and after feeding.
What are the best burp cloths?
The best burp cloths must fit comfortably over your shoulder and cover a generous amount of your clothing. The materials used should be soft and absorbent so you can gently wipe the babies face.
What is a burp cloth made out of?
We choose to make our burping cloths with a cotton front and bamboo/cotton mix towel backing. The backing is absorbent and soft to touch and will make sure you’re not wiping your babies delicate face and skin with a sandpaper-like fabric.
What fabric is best for burp cloths?
The best fabric to use is an organic cotton or cotton front complete with a print. The back should be a soft and absorbent material like bamboo cotton mix or a terry towel material.
We use a selection of cotton on the front as it is an organic material. The cotton is also soft to touch and can have a variety of patterns for boys and girls. The backing we use is a cotton and bamboo mix which is an eco-friendly material and extremely absorbent. It is also ultra-soft so that you will be able to wipe your babies face and delicate skin with comfort.
What is the size of a burp cloth?
There are a number of different manufacturers and styles so the size will differ. They should be big enough to cover your shoulder and some of your front and back but not too large. The measurement of ours is 45cm (17.7 inches) in length and 22cm (8.7 inches) width with the contoured section over the shoulder measuring 17cm (6.7 inches) wide.
Patterns and prints
Just because burp bibs are practical, it doesn’t mean they can’t be fashionable. There is a huge selection of prints to choose from a variety of Manufacturers.
We source our fabric designs from around the world as well as here in Australia. We are passionate about quality designs and have collaborated with local graphic artists to produce a fabric exclusively for us. The four prints that are specifically designed for us include the Flamingos, Cactus, Whales and Bird Perch prints. In addition to these exclusive designs, we have specific prints for boys and girls.
Our boys burping cloths prints include koala, kangaroos, leaf, sage, circles, indigo, black and white or navy stripes, rainbow, eucalyptus, feathers, whales and spots on gold.
While our girls burp cloth designs comprise of botanical, floral gumnuts, dots in peach, blossoms in peach, pink blossom tallulah, abstract, vintage, feathers and bird perch.
Prints like the feathers, circles, sage, black and white or navy stripes make for a stylish unisex baby gift idea.
Included in gift sets
As this is one of our signature products we have included it in three styles of baby gifts. It makes for perfect newborn gifts or baby shower gift idea and also as a stand-alone present. The three gift sets which they are included in are;
- Baby boys gift set – The boys’ gift set includes a boys burp rag, bandana bib, baby bib and bunny teether. All packaged beautifully with a card ready for the lucky recipient.
- Baby girls gift sets. – This comprises the girls spit-up cloths, baby bib, headband, bandana bib and wooden teether. This also comes complete with a card and gift wrapped.
- Deluxe baby shower gift set – Finally the last gift set that they are contained in is the deluxe baby shower gift set. These deluxe sets are full of stylish and practical products including burp rags, baby bandana bib, bunny teether, baby card, dummy clips, pink or grey baby record book and organic Natursutten dummy. This can be used for a baby shower, corporate maternity or newborn gift. Ideal for sharing the cost!
Other uses for burp cloths
Our burp rags can be used for a number of additional things including;
- Changing mat – Perfect for when you are out and about and you forgot your changing mat or there is no changing station close by. Just place the burping cloth on the ground and change your baby there and then.
- Towels – The terry backing is soft and absorbent so ideal to use as a makeshift town. Ideal to use for those impromptu baths.
- Washcloth – Although we recommend our purpose-made washcloth, the burp bibs can double as a washcloth in desperate times!
- Cleaning – If your baby is sick and needs to have their face or body cleaned just apply a little water on the back of the burp rag and wash away. You can also use it to clean up little messes if you don’t have any wipes available.
- For Pets – Finally, after the kids have graduated and left home and your not sure what to use all the burping rags for try using them with your pets. Potentially as a blanket for them to sleep on or maybe as there towel.
These are suitable for a newborn baby through to 1 year old. The front is made from 100% cotton or 100% certified organic cotton depending on the print chosen. The soft absorbent backing is made from a terry cotton and bamboo mixture.
When washing this product please use a warm gentle machine wash at 40 degrees Celsius with similar colours. If you iron them please use a cool iron on reverse side only. Do not bleach, soak or dry clean.
We hope this information has been helpful and if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions on any of the above please reach out to me.
Luisa Figueroa – Designer Profile
Owner, designer and maker of the My Little Love Heart range of baby products. I have been working within the fashion industry for over 15 years and specialising in baby accessories for the last 5. My love of fashion has enabled me to work and study around the world.