Becoming an Auntie is something to celebrate. And this is why we have compiled a selection of products to include in a baby gift from an Auntie.
Baby Boy Newborn Set – Nautical$104.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Australian Animals Baby Gift Box$84.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Aussie Koala Baby Gift Box$66.95
Bub and Mum Gift Set – Safari$84.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Gender Neutral Hamper$109.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Oh Baby Deluxe Hamper$124.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Black and White Newborn Gift$62.95
Bath Time Baby Hamper$89.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Luxury Kangaroo Baby Gift Set$98.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
New Mum Gift Set$46.95
Mum and Baby Hamper – Rabbit$84.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
Baby and Mum Gift Set – Lions$84.95Qualifies for Free Shipping
What kind of baby gift should an Auntie give?
If you are an auntie for the first time and you are trying to find the perfect baby present there are a few things you should consider.
- Do you buy for the mum or baby – This will depend on the occasion. If you are the Auntie and buying for a baby shower you can should buy for the baby. However, if it’s to celebrate the birth the Auntie can buy for either. We find the baby and mum hampers perfect for this.
- How much you want to spend – Being an Auntie and a member of the family you are expected to pay a little more. But this will depend on your financial situation and for which event it’s for. For example, an Aunt should expect to pay between $40 and $60 when attending the baby shower. But I must stress that you should only spend an amount that you feel comfortable spending. The mum-to-be would much rather you attend with a small gift or no gift at all rather than not attend because you can’t afford a present.
- Eco-friendly and Organic – It’s important for the Aunt to buy a baby hamper that is organic and eco-friendly. You want to show that you have thought about the gift you are giving and the type of world where the baby will grow up.
- Locally or Australian Made – With so many options for baby hampers on the market, as an Auntie you want to buy something special. Something that is handmade or Made in Australia is perfect for showing that you have thought about the hamper and that you like to support local and Australian Made.
- The gender of the baby – The Auntie should buy something gender appropriate for the baby unless specifically requested not to by the parents to be. And if in doubt buy a unisex baby hamper.
Baby Hampers for Niece from Aunt
If you are buying a baby present for your niece think of buying sets that are specifically for a girl. The prints can be floral or contain brighter colours like pink and green. And you can look for hampers that have hair accessories or bows as this would be a nice gift to give to your niece.
Baby Presents for Nephew from Aunt
When buying a present from the auntie for the nephew you should look for earthy colours or light and dark blues suitable for boys. You could also choose a present with a safari theme or different types of animals like the kangaroo or koala.
We hope this article has helped you decide on what’s the perfect baby gift from an Auntie. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
This article was written by Luisa Figueroa. She is the owner, designer and maker of the My Little Love Heart range of baby gifts and accessories.