This is a question that every parent faces. You have purchased your stylish dribble bibs and within hours they are covered in breast milk or formula. And you would like to know the best way to remove these stains.
In this article, we offer some suggestions. But before we start, for the best results you should clean the stain as soon as possible. Preferably before it dries. Also never use hot water or put the bibs in the dryer until you have completely got rid of the stain.
- Blot up excess milk with a towel
- With a soft brush clean the stain with 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 2 cups of cold water
- Rinse with cold water
- Repeat these steps if it hasn’t been removed
- Once removed you can put it in your normal machine wash
- Soak in cold water for 5 minutes
- Gently rub liquid laundry detergent onto the stain and soak in room-temperature water for 30 minutes. Every 5 minutes you should rub gently between your fingertips.
- Add a stain remover and let it set for 10 minutes
- Wash in a cold wash as normal. Refer to our care and maintenance article for more details.
- If the stain remains follow the process again. If it has disappeared you can tumble dry.
- Soak the bib overnight using 1 part cold water and 1 part white vinegar.
- Use a baby-friendly detergent and place it in the washing machine on a cold setting.
- If the stain has been removed you can dry it. Otherwise, repeat the process.
We hope this has been helpful. And if you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me.
This article was written by Luisa Figueroa — I am the owner, designer, and maker of the My Little Love Heart range of handmade bibs and accessories.